Assuming that you have chosen your telemarketing strategy what else do you need to deliver outbound calling success? It’s certain that you need the right blend of a clear target market, a good list to work from (with numbers and named decision-makers) and a clearly defined and compelling proposition. However, the critical missing component is the person that makes the calls.
- A positive attitude and sunny disposition
- A strong belief that you have something that is of benefit to whoever you are calling
- Good relevant product knowledge but not a features-heavy sales pitch. Understanding benefits is much more compelling.
- A broad knowledge of the target marketplace
- An understanding of the issues the target buyers face – what keeps them up at night?
- Aptitude and confidence to converse with senior/key decision makers without worry
- Good pace, pitch and tone and the ability to be natural and conversational, not scripted and stilted.
- The ability and knowledge to pose insightful and engaging questions
- Excellent listening skills once the prospect answers your questions!
- Excellent communicationand rapport building skills
- The aptitude to be able to filter prospects out of your net as well as in. Not everyone is a prime prospect
- Techniques to deal with tough Gatekeepers. You won’t get far if you don’t get through
- The ability to handle and deflect objections that will inevitably come up from budget holders / decision-makers and gatekeepers
- Time management skills to ensure calls are carried out on time and without becoming distracted
- Consistency with calling hours. This is to ensure that momentum is built with calls and planned call-backs that will in turn build momentum
- The willingness and dogged determination to have a go and to keep going in the face of rejection. People saying no doesn’t matter, as long as a given percentage say yes
So, make sure the person that represents you on the phone exhibits most of the traits above. That’s how you will deliver more telemarketing success and generate more telemarketing appointments.
If you’d like details on GSA training coursesand telemarketing services or to find out how GSA Business Development can help Generate Growth for your Business, contact us now on 0845 658 8192 or send us an email.